The Writing Toolbox

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Morning Rituals

One new habit I'm committed to is to begin each day in prayer, exercise and to write a bit. This can be challenging as my 3-year-old son has just decided that he likes to get up early.

Keeping in mind that I'm a ritualistic kind of guy--that is, I like to keep my schedule, this whole getting up early thing can irritate me. The trick is to not let it, simply enough. And if that doesn't work, I need to return to my ritual in the evening, after they've gone to bed.

Why am I wanting to start a new habits? I want to transform myself, my heart, my body, but most of all I don't want to look back on my life with any kind of regret.

I would rather watch movies in the evening and not try and cram so much into the morning. But I really want to do the hard things first, so that they will becoming easy and natural to me.

No comments: